Remote Climate Start

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Pfalder

Remote Climate Start

Post by Pfalder » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Using the new remote app I have tried to start the car remotely to de-ice and warm up but it fails almost every time. It has worked fine previously but this week, it has been useless.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Range Rover Velar D300 R Dynamic HSE - Byron Blue - ebony - black pack

Specter92

Re: Remote Climate Start

Post by Specter92 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:41 pm

Not sure about the new remote app. But I use the old remote app everyday to pre-heat engine and climate warm-up. knock on wood, Don't have any problem for these functions.
Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSE P380, Silver

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:30 pm

I used the latest version of the app a few times recently and its worked fine. It may fail due to poor mobile signal in the car.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19 (1st Range Rover and my 10th LR now)
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

HarryR

Post by HarryR » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:07 pm

Yesterday I used the old remote app to start the car before I left work to go home and it worked just fine. After I got home the app said the car was still parked at the office. When I tried to remote start the car this morning at home it didn’t work and the still thought the car was at the office. When I got to the office and checked again it thought the car was at home! Go figure.

So, before I left work this evening I used the new app to start the car and it worked fine. It also seems to know where the car is so perhaps the new app is more reliable? I’ll keep experimenting to verify this.

IanK

Post by IanK » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:19 pm

In my experience (UK) it hardly ever works when you need it - ie when its frosty. It works OK at other times.

I can only assume it is due to load on the JLR servers at such times.
Ian K

P300 R-Dynamic SE

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:07 pm

I’ve very rarely had an issue since Oct 2017 here in the ‘States. Just used it 30 mins ago and was nice and toasty when I got in. In fact, I can’t remember the last time it didn’t fire up after maybe 10 seconds of waiting for the app to confirm engine is on.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

Barachus

Post by Barachus » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Same here UK user
I can’t remember that last it didn’t work, I use it every morning, it’s godsend in this freezing weather

Pollo de muerte

Post by Pollo de muerte » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:48 pm

It would be awesome if they added the ability to open the garage door from the app. We keep a remote for the garage door in the house, but it's hit or miss as to whether the signal reaches our detached garage and we can't see the door from the house.

The Volt can precondition from inside an enclosed garage without any exhaust accumulation, but the wife insists that the Velar must maintain the prime spot in the garage while the Volt is relegated to the car port.

Not that preconditioning is an issue in Florida this time of year, but come Summer, it's a valuable feature.
2019 Velar HSE P380
Silicon Silver
Rear Axle Active Locking Diff
Hotspot through AT&T Connected Car
1973 VW Thing (Type 181)
2017 Chevy Volt

IanK

Post by IanK » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Barachus,

maybe you get up before me :) - the last 4-5 times Ive tried it at around 8.15am on a frosty morning it has timed out.
Ian K

P300 R-Dynamic SE

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:17 pm

It works most of the time for me, just the occasional blip from time to time.

I think it’s great. But I really wish that the Remote Start Preconditioning would also include the automatic activation of the heated seats, heated steering wheel and the heated front screen (the last item may or may not be included, I am unsure). If the temperature I below 7c, these items should automatically engage. It’s a shame that they don’t. It would make this function move from good to exceptional.

Does it already have this functionality? Am I missing something that you guys have already discovered?

Arianne
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, full leather pack, summer / winter tyres & the important cup holder cover!

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”