Apply Carplay - Can it be upgraded?

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
alanmack

Apply Carplay - Can it be upgraded?

Post by alanmack » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:18 pm

I'm looking to buy a Velar, in Switzerland from a grey importer (imports new cars to Switzerland from Europe at a discount to local prices). It's brand new P300 R-Dynamic S model. It's the right price for me, however the dealer says it doesn't have Apple Carplay and that there's no way for it to be upgraded.

This seems surely impossible in this day and age of software upgrades.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Haybrd

Re: Apply Carplay - Can it be upgraded?

Post by Haybrd » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:31 pm

From some of the posts on here it depends where it’s being imported from I’d think. (Have a search on here and see some of the users locations).

If it’s brand new and from a country that allows ACP then if it doesn’t have the smartphone pack you can use the software over the air (SOTA) to install version 19C (if not already installed) and that has ACP for free.

If the car is from a country that does allow ACP then I guess you’d be bound to those rules and even with the new software it won’t have ACP.
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

P380NarvikEclipse

Re: Apply Carplay - Can it be upgraded?

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:32 am

If you ask what country it’s originating from, we can give you a better idea. Some markets do not have the necessary hardware it seems, despite that being a bit perplexing in this day and age. Others will chime in I’m sure.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”