Range Rover velar no sound

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
Smithlouise

Range Rover velar no sound

Post by Smithlouise » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Since Monday evening (2 days ago) the speakers in my Velar, which I’ve only had ten months, have stopped working. There is no sound coming from the radio, sat nav or parking sensors. I can’t get it into the dealership for weeks as they have no availability so wondered if anyone had experienced this and had any tips?

Arianne

Re: Range Rover velar no sound

Post by Arianne » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:43 pm

Hmm. Long shot. Check to see if there’s a software update available, assuming you have ‘over the air’ software update capability. If there’s an update to version 19C, take it. See if this clears it as it controls ICT on the upper and lower centre screens. It might clear the issue?

Arianne
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, full leather pack, summer / winter tyres & the important cup holder cover!

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:04 pm

Arianne wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:43 pm
Hmm. Long shot. Check to see if there’s a software update available, assuming you have ‘over the air’ software update capability. If there’s an update to version 19C, take it. See if this clears it as it controls ICT on the upper and lower centre screens. It might clear the issue?

Arianne
You sound like a true LR technician ;)

I’d agree though worth a shot.
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

HarryR

Post by HarryR » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Could it something as simple as the mute speaker function being enabled?

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Haybrd wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:04 pm
Arianne wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:43 pm

Arianne
You sound like a true LR technician ;)

I’d agree though worth a shot.
True, about as haphazard as those clowns in Land Rover Kufstein, Austria :roll: Their software flash of the engine management unit - desperate and useless.

The speaker mute icon? I thought of that too but would it also mute the park sensors?

Arianne
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, full leather pack, summer / winter tyres & the important cup holder cover!

HarryR

Post by HarryR » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:08 pm

Arianne wrote:The speaker mute icon? I thought of that too but would it also mute the park sensors?
Good point. I’ve just tested this and you’re right, muting the audio doesn’t mute the parking sensors. Kind of obvious really. So, it must be something else then.

markah

Post by markah » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:17 pm

Check the fuse for the amplifier according to the manual the lower fuse box is under the boot floor. Fuse 2 10amp, Red. Its worth a go, but beyond that it's a dealer issue.
'18 D300 RDS, Corris, Black pack, Glossy 21" black rims, Black & pan roof.

MKVelar81

Post by MKVelar81 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:17 pm

I had the same thing. It was the Amp that had gone, be warned when I took mine in the Amp was on back order.
Delivered 13/03/19 :D 19.5MY R-Dynamic SE D275 Corris Grey, 21" 1033 Black Wheels, Sliding Pano roof, Black Pack, Heated Steering wheel, No Derivative or engine badge, No roof rails