Advice and a couple of questions after day one of new Velar

All Range Rover Velar related discussions

Advice and a couple of questions after day one of new Velar

Post by 03184 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:51 pm

Hey guys hoping I can get some answers after picking up my new D275 R-Dynamics SE today.

Picked the car up from LR Mundicar in Alicante today, the car was regged in April 19 and has been used by the owner and also as a demo for the last 9 months. Sales guy had said it had ACP/AA but checking today it wasn't included so he said would need a software update and need booking in. After seeing a few other post in the thread I'm now questioning wether this update really will add ACP. Anyone can put my mind to rest ?

The other issue I noticed with the car was after pulling away from the showroom and getting it into sunlight I saw some visible scratches on the instrument panel under the left climate dial, looks very much like scratches from a set of keys left on the console. I have emailed them but had no response yet about polishing it out or wether it needs replacing. Have attached a pic to see what you guys think, I can definitely feel the scratches so they arent superficial. Other than that I'm well happy with the car.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=4035

download/file.php?mode=view&id=4034

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

MY19 D275 R-Dynamic SE, Yulong White, 20” 1032 style wheels, panoramic roof, Matrix LED Signature lights.

Pat27

Re: Advice and a couple of questions after day one of new Velar

Post by Pat27 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:29 am

If you can feel the scratches with your fingernail I don’t think they will polish out. On the ACP I have found that unless you use a genuine Apple lead connection can be hit and miss.

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:28 pm

Spain is a market with confirmed Apple CarPlay, so the software update should do it. Strange there are regional issues for others, but you should be fine.

Agree with the comment above re: polishing.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Make sure the dealer enables SOTA (over the air updates) so you can get InControl Touch Pro updates without going to the dealer. If you don’t have the SIM slot you should be able to connect the car to your home WiFi if its close enough (or tether to your mobile).

Have a look under the arm rest / inside central cubby and see if you have a SIM slot. If so it ‘should’ have a LR supplied data SIM with a 500MB monthly usage that’s free... not sure if this is the case in Spain though.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:53 pm

Pat27 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:29 am
If you can feel the scratches with your fingernail I don’t think they will polish out. On the ACP I have found that unless you use a genuine Apple lead connection can be hit and miss.
Maybe a good detailer can fix the scratches? It’s amazing what they can do these days. Worth asking around.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Post by 03184 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:04 pm

Thanks for all the info, LR emailed me this morning and said they will sort the scratches out which is a relief, you can definitely feel them with the fingernail. As to the SOTA and App control, the car does have a micro sim slot but no card came included, was wondering if I can stick my normal phone sim in and if it would work. I do have access to the WiFi from the house and connected the car to it this morning. Would the OTA updates just update things like the apps and map or would it be possible to get the infotainment update for ACP/AA ?
MY19 D275 R-Dynamic SE, Yulong White, 20” 1032 style wheels, panoramic roof, Matrix LED Signature lights.

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:26 pm

You can download maps yourself from: https://www.landrover.here.com/index.php
(UK cars come with 3 years free updates - I believe it's tied to the warranty period, so probably the same in Spain?)

SOTA will give you infotainment updates including ACP/AA, theyintroduced SOTA with version 18B (possibly C), so you should have it. If not the dealer will have to do the first update for you (takes hours via the OBD port; SOTA is much quicker)
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(
Software Version: 19C 19.46.4-458817

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:14 pm

03184 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:04 pm
Thanks for all the info, LR emailed me this morning and said they will sort the scratches out which is a relief, you can definitely feel them with the fingernail. As to the SOTA and App control, the car does have a micro sim slot but no card came included, was wondering if I can stick my normal phone sim in and if it would work. I do have access to the WiFi from the house and connected the car to it this morning. Would the OTA updates just update things like the apps and map or would it be possible to get the infotainment update for ACP/AA ?
SIM card wise, ask your dealer if they will throw one in, as said above it’s usually free with the car for the first 3 years (in the U.K.). If not then you’ll need a data only SIM card (e.g. Three Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband 24 GB Data SIM You will need to ask your dealer if you have the live data services activated then you’ll get the live traffic updates via the SIM amongst other things.
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

Post by 03184 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:20 pm

Thanks for the info, going to check what version is on the car. I do actually have a Three 12gb data sim I was going to use on hol to New York next month, any idea what the size of the files are ?

Post by 03184 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:54 pm

OK so I'm guessing that connecting to the Home WiFi the car looks like it (automatically ????) updated and lo and behold APC/AA have appeared. Over the moon is an understatement, and all the advice has saved a trip and countless hours at LR so thank you. Pic below.

Would still like to know if anyone knows how much data the live services etc use per month.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=4039

IMG_1669.jpg

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”