Dr Leather and seat cleaning advice.

All Range Rover Velar related discussions

Dr Leather and seat cleaning advice.

Post by 03184 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:48 am

Just received a (larger than expected) tub of Dr Leather Advanced Formula Leather cleaning wipes that a lot of people have recommended on the forum. I was about to go off and test them out when I saw the usage guidelines on the tub, in particular as seen in the photo below saying not designed for suede. Checking my car spec I have the "perforated grained leather and suedecloth" seats and now not sure if these wipes will have an adverse effect of the suedecloth.

IMG_0673.jpg

MY19 D275 R-Dynamic SE, Yulong White, 20” 1032 style wheels, panoramic roof, Matrix LED Signature lights.

Haybrd

Re: Dr Leather and seat cleaning advice.

Post by Haybrd » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:05 pm

I too was a little shocked when the tub arrived. Much larger than expected! I really like the product though!

I don’t have the suedecloth (I de-optioned it as I have a 9 year old that would test the durability of the wipe clean properties!) I’d say heed the warning just in case but you should be able to just rub the wipe on the leather parts. The suedecloth is just on the side bolsters I believe?
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:51 pm

Just be mindful with the wipes when getting near the suede cloth. I’ve used these for almost 2.5 yrs on my Velar with no issue.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:25 pm

I have the oyster leather seats with the suede inset on the side bolsters. I regularly use the Dr Leather wipes and have had no issues in just over two years of ownership.

The wipes are damp but they don’t ooze fluid - so it’s easy to avoid contact with the suede inset elements of the seat. And they do a good job.

Just one thing though. I always use them with latex gloves (Blackmamba gloves). Otherwise the smell will be in your hands for 24 - 48hrs. Soap won’t shift it from your skin. And, in any event, investing in a box of 100 of these disposable gloves will be money well spent - think of all the nasty chemicals that will be prevented from having contact with your permeable skin!

Regards, Arianne
D300 R-dynamic with lots of optional toys. Corris Grey, sunroof, activity bracelet, configurable lighting, 825w Meridian sound, heated everything, configurable dynamics, full leather pack, summer / winter tyres & the important cup holder cover!

AlexVelar

Post by AlexVelar » Wed May 20, 2020 1:37 am

I use raw coconut SOAP and kindly brush the leather, and swiped with soft towel, it deep cleans any leather and softer them! It's amazing! Best thing to clean any leather!