Battery maintainer

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
basel

Battery maintainer

Post by basel » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Here in northern Italy, to contain the epidemic of the corona virus, the total block was ordered; I therefore parked my Velar in a box connected to a voltage maintainer. Those few allowed movements I will do with my second car.

[OT] Allow me to suggest you not to wait for the official interventions but to prepare in time with safety precautions ... here the situation is really serious

Mantenitore.jpg

Velar P250 SE

Pollo de muerte

Re: Battery maintainer

Post by Pollo de muerte » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:06 pm

Good advice. The Velar will use up a battery pretty quickly if not driven. If you are in quarantine, at least lock your car as an unlocked Velar is using the battery more than a locked one. My annotations to the official instructions for installing the JLR charger are here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1425&p=30911&hilit=harness#p30911

If you don't want to tackle this, then any trickle charger will work and can be connected under the hood (the battery is in the boot, but there are posts for jump starting and trickle charging under the hood).

Stay safe.
Velar Batery Charger Installation.pdf
(3.97 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
2019 Velar HSE P380
1973 VW Thing (Type 181/Safari/Trekker)
2017 Chevy Volt

SpokenHands

Re: Battery maintainer

Post by SpokenHands » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:21 pm

basel wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:48 pm
Here in northern Italy, to contain the epidemic of the corona virus, the total block was ordered; I therefore parked my Velar in a box connected to a voltage maintainer. Those few allowed movements I will do with my second car.

[OT] Allow me to suggest you not to wait for the official interventions but to prepare in time with safety precautions ... here the situation is really serious
Take care, Basel
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2018 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe