3500 miles oil life after hood up reset

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
Pollo de muerte

3500 miles oil life after hood up reset

Post by Pollo de muerte » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:01 pm

I've reached out via email and chat on my.landrover.co.uk to no avail, but perhaps the service reps who drop by here from time to time can help.

I changed my own oil a little over a month ago and reset the service reminder using the procedure of opening the hood (bonnet) and driver's door and holding down the brake and accelerator pedals. I received the "SERVICE RESETTING" message, but instead of estimating 7,500 or 10,000 miles until my next oil change, the car is indicating that the oil should be changed in 3,500 miles.

Does the Range Rover service interval algorithm assume a worst case scenario if owners perform their own maintenance? The vast majority of the miles on this car are on the highway and I used the proper JLR spec 0W20 synthetic oil.

Also, does RR offer online service records for US owners? I can't access mine even though I have an InControl account and an account with my.landrover.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
2019 Velar HSE P380
1973 VW Thing (Type 181/Safari/Trekker)
2017 Chevy Volt

CRC@LandRover

Re: 3500 miles oil life after hood up reset

Post by CRC@LandRover » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:41 pm

Pollo de muerte wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:01 pm
I've reached out via email and chat on my.landrover.co.uk to no avail, but perhaps the service reps who drop by here from time to time can help.

I changed my own oil a little over a month ago and reset the service reminder using the procedure of opening the hood (bonnet) and driver's door and holding down the brake and accelerator pedals. I received the "SERVICE RESETTING" message, but instead of estimating 7,500 or 10,000 miles until my next oil change, the car is indicating that the oil should be changed in 3,500 miles.

Does the Range Rover service interval algorithm assume a worst case scenario if owners perform their own maintenance? The vast majority of the miles on this car are on the highway and I used the proper JLR spec 0W20 synthetic oil.

Also, does RR offer online service records for US owners? I can't access mine even though I have an InControl account and an account with my.landrover.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Good Afternoon Pollo de muerte,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to investigate your concerns and queries further. For me to do so please may I request that you send me a PM and provide the following information:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your Personal Contact Details

Many Thanks

Dan - Land Rover UK

Pollo de muerte

Re: 3500 miles oil life after hood up reset

Post by Pollo de muerte » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:36 pm

PM sent.

Thanks for the quick reply.
2019 Velar HSE P380
1973 VW Thing (Type 181/Safari/Trekker)
2017 Chevy Volt