Guardian Mode

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
ChrisL

Guardian Mode

Post by ChrisL » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 am

I have just noticed in the remote app under security tab there is a "Guardian Mode" if activated it sets an active time.
I can't see any help pages on this, anyone a clue?
Version is 2.3.3 on the "new" app

NISHSO

Re: Guardian Mode

Post by NISHSO » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:13 pm

I have version 2.3.3 and do not have guardian mode anywhere...?
R Dynamic HSE 275 in Fuji White with Ebony Perforated Windsor Extended Leather-Drivers Assist Pack, Black Pack, HUD, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel
Previous cars:-
Jaguar F-Pace, Jaguar F-Type, Audi A7, Audi A5, BMW 5 Series, Jaguar S Type

Claytonevans

Post by Claytonevans » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:25 pm

Hi there,

I’ve found the Guardian setting under the security tab on the remote app home page. It’s designed to alert you to any unauthorised interaction with your car during times you wouldn’t be using it (set by you e.g. at night or on holiday) There’s an explanation of the function on the Ipace owners you tube link here

It says you need Secure Tracker to have the functionality.

Hope this helps.
D300 HSE with Pan Roof, 360 Cameras, Terrain Response 2, Meridian Signature, Wade Sensing, Heated Steering and Heated Rear Seats, Heads Up and Deployable Tow Bar + All important Cup Holder

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:12 pm

NISHSO wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:13 pm
I have version 2.3.3 and do not have guardian mode anywhere...?
May be you need the Secure Tracker enabled to see it as Clayton notes below, I do have that option.

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:15 pm

Claytonevans wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:25 pm
Hi there,

I’ve found the Guardian setting under the security tab on the remote app home page. It’s designed to alert you to any unauthorised interaction with your car during times you wouldn’t be using it (set by you e.g. at night or on holiday) There’s an explanation of the function on the Ipace owners you tube SNIP
It says you need Secure Tracker to have the functionality.

Hope this helps.
It does indeed, I do have the Secure Tracker and it may be it just is not there as option on the App if you do not as NISHSO notes?
And of course silly me the iPACE should have been my first port of call :lol: :roll:
Thank you for the link,appreciated.