New Software

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
sddawson

Re: New Software

Post by sddawson » Mon May 07, 2018 1:38 am

This is all so ridiculously confusing and extremely shoddy. You would think “get my ictpd system up to date” would be a simple task. Really not looking forward to my visit to the dealer...

Sebajfobias

Post by Sebajfobias » Mon May 07, 2018 6:12 am

It is confusing indeed. We just got our second Velar, brand new, and still running the old software, not even 17C, the dealer telling me, there’s no update available.

sddawson

Post by sddawson » Mon May 07, 2018 6:21 am

Yeh, that’s the thing. Topix never seems to say there’s an update available, but maybe that’s because it’s not a mandatory thing and the dealer has to go looking for it. Dealers seem to only want to do what Topix says is outstanding.

mrbigtime81

Post by mrbigtime81 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:12 pm

I was able to download software update for BMW WEBSITE to USB drive and then plug that USB drive to my X5 to update the software. Shame no such thing for Velar.

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Thu May 10, 2018 6:20 am

sddawson wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:21 am
Yeh, that’s the thing. Topix never seems to say there’s an update available, but maybe that’s because it’s not a mandatory thing and the dealer has to go looking for it. Dealers seem to only want to do what Topix says is outstanding.
YES that’s EXACTLY my experience!

I had to stand beside them in front of their system to find the correct menu showing the phase 3 update and how to start the process

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Thu May 10, 2018 7:27 am

mrbigtime81 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:12 pm
I was able to download software update for BMW WEBSITE to USB drive and then plug that USB drive to my X5 to update the software. Shame no such thing for Velar.
BMW software updates via USB are merely for Bluetooth phone connectivity so new phones are supported. BMW does not provide on air or via USB updates for any key systems for security reasons.

Presume on air updates are coming soon to all marquees once security architecture is in place.
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Thu May 10, 2018 7:28 am

In contrast, i got a call from my dealer to update the software on my 1 month old Velar FE which we did the following week. All fine so far.
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

SativaNL

Post by SativaNL » Thu May 10, 2018 10:36 am

AndreaZangani wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:20 am
sddawson wrote:

I had to stand beside them in front of their system to find the correct menu showing the phase 3 update and how to start the process
Can you describe where to find this? So I can inform my dealer? Thnx

VelarMan

Post by VelarMan » Thu May 10, 2018 11:24 am

Did you guys know that some dealers have a facility to do firmware updates at your place of work or home? Worth asking your dealers service department as I know Lookers West London (Park Royal) offer this service :)

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Thu May 10, 2018 11:45 am

SativaNL wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:36 am
AndreaZangani wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:20 am
sddawson wrote:

Can you describe where to find this? So I can inform my dealer? Thnx
Once having in front of you the menu "infotainment Master Controller" (which is under ECU diagnostic) you'd find on the right a button called something similar to "update to phase 3" and then you can start from there.

I'm attaching a picture I've taken, unfortunately it is in Italian but the path is clear, you can also read "avanti" on the top right which where you star the update process.

file.jpg

Hope it helps and my English is clear enough ;)

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”