New Software

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
zooter1977

Re: New Software

Post by zooter1977 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:48 pm

VelarMan wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:24 am
Did you guys know that some dealers have a facility to do firmware updates at your place of work or home? Worth asking your dealers service department as I know Lookers West London (Park Royal) offer this service :)
Hmmm, that's where I got my Velar from - I suspect they will be less inclined to offer coming to my place of work in Nottingham though!!! :lol: :lol:

djmodifyd

Post by djmodifyd » Fri May 18, 2018 3:43 pm

I'm in an ongoing battle with my dealer trying to get them to update my vehicle. They keep saying nothing is avaliable, and I keep telling them there is. I brought in a literal list of software issues, and they are adamant they have to reproduce every issue and work with tech line and there isn't just "one update". Getting frustrated. They had my car since yesterday...I'm telling them just to update the damn thing and they won't.

We'll see....

djmodifyd

Post by djmodifyd » Fri May 18, 2018 3:44 pm

I'm in an ongoing battle with my dealer trying to get them to update my vehicle. They keep saying nothing is avaliable, and I keep telling them there is. I brought in a literal list of software issues, and they are adamant they have to reproduce every issue and work with tech line and there isn't just "one update". Getting frustrated. They had my car since yesterday...I'm telling them just to update the damn thing and they won't.

We'll see....

Loz

Post by Loz » Fri May 18, 2018 5:21 pm

They had my car for 11 weeks to do a software update! Good luck with yours.

Brooke1403

Post by Brooke1403 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:54 pm

I’ve had the whole suite updated and still there are problems....... beyond disappointed

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri May 18, 2018 8:13 pm

djmodifyd tell them the updates won't show up when they enter the VIN, because the update are not vehicle specific but model specific. I had the same problem.

djmodifyd

Post by djmodifyd » Fri May 18, 2018 9:39 pm

Joe wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:13 pm
djmodifyd tell them the updates won't show up when they enter the VIN, because the update are not vehicle specific but model specific. I had the same problem.
Thanks,
I kind of told them this when I dropped it off, not those exact terms though.

Dealer just called me and said they have done a few and one of them he thinks is "19C". They have one more to do that will take a couple hours plus "testing" afterwards so I'm picking it up tomorrow.

We shall see everything that they have done! I'll post back

mrgandfriends.co.uk

Post by mrgandfriends.co.uk » Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 am

djmodifyd wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 3:43 pm

We'll see....
Send a tweet to @Landrover_uk I’ve always found them to be really helpful and liaise with the dealer if they’re not doing things which they should be doing.
Range Rover Velar, D300 HSE R-Dynamic, Corris Grey, Panoramic Sliding Roof, 21" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5047' with Diamond Turned finish, and a driver that smiles from ear to ear.

mrgandfriends.co.uk

Post by mrgandfriends.co.uk » Sat May 19, 2018 8:20 am

My car has been with the dealer all week and they’ve said it’s all current now. They’ve also replaced the bottom ICTP lower screen too due to a fault.

Collecting Monday so we shall see how it all bans out.
Range Rover Velar, D300 HSE R-Dynamic, Corris Grey, Panoramic Sliding Roof, 21" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5047' with Diamond Turned finish, and a driver that smiles from ear to ear.

djmodifyd

Post by djmodifyd » Sun May 20, 2018 4:42 pm

Picked my velar up from the dealer yesterday. He told me they did quite a few software updates, including “version 3” which he said is 19C. So far I’ve noticed it is quite a bit snappier going through menus. Haven’t driven it enough to see what bugs might pop up yet. I have noticed a few extra features such as automatic check of navigation map updates, and a few other minor things. I haven’t played around with online media as I pay for Apple Music and don’t want to pay for Deezer.

Hope it fixed most of the issues! Version is 2017C.10-4957

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”