New Software

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
P380NarvikEclipse

Re: New Software

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Mon May 21, 2018 1:06 pm

djmodifyd wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:42 pm
Picked my velar up from the dealer yesterday. He told me they did quite a few software updates, including “version 3” which he said is 19C. So far I’ve noticed it is quite a bit snappier going through menus. Haven’t driven it enough to see what bugs might pop up yet. I have noticed a few extra features such as automatic check of navigation map updates, and a few other minor things. I haven’t played around with online media as I pay for Apple Music and don’t want to pay for Deezer.

Hope it fixed most of the issues! Version is 2017C.10-4957
Where is your dealer located? Mine in NY said this update had been pulled, but it sounds like it was successful for you. Definitely keep us updated on your experience as you keep going!
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior

andyjeffries

Post by andyjeffries » Mon May 21, 2018 1:09 pm

I got mine on Friday, was also told I'd had "Update 3". So far no issues, although I've only had it a weekend. Everything seems smooth and to just work. The dealer did say it was currently an optional update, and not mandatory to be applied to all vehicles (so maybe in beta?).
Velar D180 S Byron Blue

djmodifyd

Post by djmodifyd » Mon May 21, 2018 1:50 pm

P380NarvikEclipse wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:06 pm
djmodifyd wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:42 pm
Picked my velar up from the dealer yesterday. He told me they did quite a few software updates, including “version 3” which he said is 19C. So far I’ve noticed it is quite a bit snappier going through menus. Haven’t driven it enough to see what bugs might pop up yet. I have noticed a few extra features such as automatic check of navigation map updates, and a few other minor things. I haven’t played around with online media as I pay for Apple Music and don’t want to pay for Deezer.

Hope it fixed most of the issues! Version is 2017C.10-4957
Where is your dealer located? Mine in NY said this update had been pulled, but it sounds like it was successful for you. Definitely keep us updated on your experience as you keep going!

I'm in MInnesota. I don't know what all they did other than "quite a few" as the service worksheet just says "had this problem, updated this to current version" so on and so fourth. One other minor thing I noticed is the fuel gauge is much easier to see and read.

I'll be driving it more in the next few days, so we'll see!

ronm

Post by ronm » Tue May 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi dj

Just to let you know that there are also issues with the 2017C update. Just posted my experience in another post '17C update release' (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=811&start=80).

Hope it goes well for you.

Ron
Ron

Velar D300 HSE Narvik Black :D

djmodifyd

Post by djmodifyd » Wed May 23, 2018 5:45 pm

so far I've noticed one small problem. Sometimes when I start the vehicle the HVAC defaults to "LO". Not everytime...not sure if this will fix itself or not. So far everything else has been great.

tanis

Post by tanis » Wed May 23, 2018 6:59 pm

In my case the dealer doesn't want to perform any upgrade until JLR gives them a good solution as they already had to replace three infotainment so far after the upgrades.
D300 SE. Silicon Silver. With too many options.

sddawson

Post by sddawson » Tue May 29, 2018 11:23 am

Had my car in today to check for any software updates. I went to a different dealer than I've been to before (in Australia). The previous dealer just said that because Topix didn't show any applicable updates, that was that. But the new dealer said yes, there have been a number of optional updates. But he warned that they had a couple of cars that were "bricked" while installing updates. Later in the morning, he rang to say that the technician said there were 2 newer updates that were applicable. Each would take over 90 minutes, and often have to be installed twice (ridiculous situation), so they might not have time to do both. Sure enough, the major update, which turned out to be phase 3, had to be installed twice, which left no time for whatever the other one was. However, he said the phase 3 was the major one, and to get back if I still had any problems.

Well, on the 1 hour trip home, there are definite improvements. I streamed Spotify via bluetooth and usb with not a single dropout. There was consistent album art and track IDs. I don't think it was there before, but there's now a nice "watermark" of the album art on the background of the main screen and dashboard screen (if you have media displayed there). Siri's voice now comes over the radio speakers properly, and I can hold conversations with "her" successfully (never could get passed the first question before). My app version is 2017c.10-4957. One other thing I'm hoping is fixed is the stupidly long time it takes for the radio to come on sometimes, and also the reversing camera sometimes. Only glitch so far is that when I've had a conversation with Siri, once Spotify streaming is resumed the track progress bar doesn't move. But it starts behaving properly again once the next track starts, so no biggy. Only seems to happen with Bluetooth.

My stop/start system had also started playing up a bit - car very rarely turned off. Not that I minded, but I thought it might be indicative of another problem. But there was a software update for that too, and so far so good.

So I'm very happy so far - and I hope I stay that way!

KRG

Post by KRG » Tue May 29, 2018 1:03 pm

djmodifyd wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:45 pm
so far I've noticed one small problem. Sometimes when I start the vehicle the HVAC defaults to "LO". Not everytime...not sure if this will fix itself or not. So far everything else has been great.

Mine did this for a day then corrected itself.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Just picked up a new focus and he infortainment via Apple Car Play is faultless.... why oh why didn’t JLR go with a proven supply.

Meanwhile 6 months in and still have a infortainment system that works occasionally.

Is it basis for rejection?

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue May 29, 2018 6:52 pm

absolutely! reject the Focus 😂

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”