New Software

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
maitology

Re: New Software

Post by maitology » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Got the phase 4 here in Spain. Everything is working like a dream....so far. Nice TuneIn radio on the way home.

sddawson

Post by sddawson » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:01 pm

maitology wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm
Got the phase 4 here in Spain. Everything is working like a dream....so far. Nice TuneIn radio on the way home.
Were you using Tunein via incontrol apps, or just via the phone and streaming, or do you see some new option for it with phase 4?

maitology

Post by maitology » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:51 am

TuneIn and Deezer (which I don't have) was native using the car's SIM. It's via a new phase 4 option. Works perfectly.

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:24 am

I’ve had TuneIn since the old 17C update in late January
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior

sddawson

Post by sddawson » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:53 am

maitology wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:51 am
TuneIn and Deezer (which I don't have) was native using the car's SIM. It's via a new phase 4 option. Works perfectly.
I don’t see it in Australia. Where exactly is it? On which screen?

CDNd180se

Post by CDNd180se » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Updated to Phase 4 here in Canada. Never really had any real issue with the previous version so hard to see the difference. Nice to see over the air updates and it appears the maps will also update over the air.

bumbrah

Post by bumbrah » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:35 pm

CDNd180se wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:27 pm
Updated to Phase 4 here in Canada. Never really had any real issue with the previous version so hard to see the difference. Nice to see over the air updates and it appears the maps will also update over the air.
@CDNd180se thanks for the update for the Canadians, eh! What part of Canada you from? I am in Vancouver, and waiting to hear back from JLR Langley to see if they have/can update to phase 4.

Thanks in advance!

CDNd180se

Post by CDNd180se » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:16 pm

bumbrah wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:35 pm
CDNd180se wrote:
@CDNd180se thanks for the update for the Canadians, eh! What part of Canada you from? I am in Vancouver, and waiting to hear back from JLR Langley to see if they have/can update to phase 4.

Thanks in advance!
I am in Langley, my dealer is Richmond LR.

How has the service been with Langley I was not impressed with their sales team, so I ended up in Richmond but I have been wondering about dealing with Langley for service.

DJY

Post by DJY » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Very frustrated, on Wednesday i took my 240d into the garage for warranty work - issues with infotainment. On arrival, the receptionist noted that written on my worksheet was “software load” and the “master technician” who was passing then said he was not doing any more “Phase 4” loads as he had just “broken” 2 cars. I was sent away and told i would be put on a waiting list. Wasted a hour out of my busy day. At least they could have phoned and told me.

Anyone else heard about Phase 4 being stopped in the UK

bumbrah

Post by bumbrah » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:53 pm

CDNd180se wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:16 pm
bumbrah wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:35 pm
CDNd180se wrote:

Thanks in advance!
I am in Langley, my dealer is Richmond LR.

How has the service been with Langley I was not impressed with their sales team, so I ended up in Richmond but I have been wondering about dealing with Langley for service.
@CDNd180se, from what I have experienced so far, stick to Richmond it they are knowledgeable and have good communication. Too soon to pass judgement on service dept, only brought it in once, a month after purchase, customer service was good, but they were unable to fix any of my concerns, chalking it to need software update that is coming soon. I emailed service manager and SA 3 days ago, no reply.. I received an out of office from the SA, which said to contact the service manager.. still waiting to hear back.

Richmond is a bit far for me, I am thinking talking to LR Vancouver, its closer to my office. I am going to wait until next week, then going to call the service manager at langley and express my dissatisfaction.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”