New Software

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
J77

Re: New Software

Post by J77 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:22 pm

DJY wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:37 pm
Very frustrated, on Wednesday i took my 240d into the garage for warranty work - issues with infotainment. On arrival, the receptionist noted that written on my worksheet was “software load” and the “master technician” who was passing then said he was not doing any more “Phase 4” loads as he had just “broken” 2 cars. I was sent away and told i would be put on a waiting list. Wasted a hour out of my busy day. At least they could have phoned and told me.

Anyone else heard about Phase 4 being stopped in the UK
When ever I mention it to my dealer I get nowhere, they just say my car ain’t due any updates. This could be why.

Mines just back after a weeks stay in the dealers due to EGR issues.
18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

We88ie

Post by We88ie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:03 pm

got my RRV back today from Liverpool Hatfields after nearly 4 weeks and they claim have updated to phase 4. In the app version it still says 34.17-1480 can anyone tell me if they are pulling the wool over my eyes? - reading some of the previous posts state is should be 18B?

Thanks

CDNd180se

Post by CDNd180se » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:05 am

We88ie wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:03 pm
got my RRV back today from Liverpool Hatfields after nearly 4 weeks and they claim have updated to phase 4. In the app version it still says 34.17-1480 can anyone tell me if they are pulling the wool over my eyes? - reading some of the previous posts state is should be 18B?

Thanks
That is not phase 4

sddawson

Post by sddawson » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:14 am

We88ie wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Thanks
Should be 2018b.5-7418 for phase 4.

We88ie

Post by We88ie » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:45 am

Cheers both thought as much it went into Hatfield’s 10/5 for a software update and new front N/S door handle as wasn’t retracting & having issues with lower screen freeze and flickering with lines down middle. Went back into them 19/6 for new front N/S window glass and door card as damaged when removing for handle fix along with phase 4 to update continued screen issues. Got back yesterday. So appears I have been lied to twice over software. This is with Geeta from JLR head office involved also.

Graham

Loz

Post by Loz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:50 pm

I believe the phase 4 update was released around d the 20 June 2028. That is what LR customer care or whatever they are called told me. Maybe your dealer checked st the time ie May and updates to the then current version ie phase 3. But slack to not check back on their systems abs Carey out a further update to phase 4. But slack being polite. My dealer experience has been awful, I have clear evidence of being lied to a number of times now.

daniellm

Post by daniellm » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:11 am

Marco, I would like the release notes, but can't pm yet as I've just joined.
Marco wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:38 pm
There is an update that is refered to as Phase 4 or in some cases 18B.
The release notes are 14 pages long and it containes updates to all the major
Systems in the car, not just the ICTP. It updates things like the Camera, climate control,
Chairs, instrument cluster and so on. If anyone wants the release notes, send me a pm
and i Can E-mail it.

We88ie

Post by We88ie » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:30 am

A bit of success!! - After challenging Hatfield's they came and picked the car back up again Tuesday - returned it 4 hours later with 18B on it. (no real justification or apology). Only two commutes to report but was a lot mote stable into work yesterday and today. Deezer is available as online media and also will search for over the air updates in a dedicated section in all settings.

One gripe is that the sim is not being read and comes up with 'SIM not supported'. I have tried 2 data sims on Vodafone and one on EE (new). Vodafone worked perfect on 4G before update. Tethering via WiFi for now but all seems a bit slicker & less drag/delay. Before i moan about the SIM will monitor stability for a few weeks 1st! Either way its loaded.

App version now 2018B7-7447

Graham

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:52 am

We88ie wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:30 am
A bit of success!! - After challenging Hatfield's they came and picked the car back up again Tuesday - returned it 4 hours later with 18B on it. (no real justification or apology). Only two commutes to report but was a lot mote stable into work yesterday and today. Deezer is available as online media and also will search for over the air updates in a dedicated section in all settings.

One gripe is that the sim is not being read and comes up with 'SIM not supported'. I have tried 2 data sims on Vodafone and one on EE (new). Vodafone worked perfect on 4G before update. Tethering via WiFi for now but all seems a bit slicker & less drag/delay. Before i moan about the SIM will monitor stability for a few weeks 1st! Either way its loaded.

Graham
Good on ya! That’s interesting your phase 4 is a different version than sddawson reported above. I wonder if it’s hardware specific variants or for yours is actually a newer release.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior

sddawson

Post by sddawson » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:14 pm

P380NarvikEclipse wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:52 am
We88ie wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:30 am

Graham
Good on ya! That’s interesting your phase 4 is a different version than sddawson reported above. I wonder if it’s hardware specific variants or for yours is actually a newer release.
Yes, I’m wondering that too! I don’t see Deezer at all. Is that just under the general media section, along with radio etc? I’m in Australia, so might have something to do with it.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”