New Software

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
golfhero

Re: New Software

Post by golfhero » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Does anyone have the actual release notes for phase 4 software? Just picked up my Velar (without the latest update which is annoying) and trying to decide if I should have them do the update or wait awhile for the next reversion. So far nothing is really bothering me. Response times are a bit laggy sometimes and the steering wheel controls are quite slow when navigating the menus on the digital cluster. Other than that I’m a happy customer.

Andyvelar

Post by Andyvelar » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi all, just a quick question, are you all being informed by your dealers about these available updates, or are you chasing the dealer yourself?

I have herd nothing from my dealer since I collected the car in January regarding software updates, it has not been the best experence with the dealer so I assume the updates will be done when it is serviced
D240 R Dynamic S, Firenze Red with Black Pack and 21"Gloss Black Wheels

Loz

Post by Loz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Think of JLR as a if it is not broken it does not need fixing kind of company. LR will only carry our updates to the 80 odd modules plus infotainment system ie phase 3 or 4 if you report issues. From my experience LR are reactive not proactive.

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:04 pm

Andyvelar wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:37 pm
Hi all, just a quick question, are you all being informed by your dealers about these available updates, or are you chasing the dealer yourself?

I have herd nothing from my dealer since I collected the car in January regarding software updates, it has not been the best experence with the dealer so I assume the updates will be done when it is serviced
I don’t think you can rely on it happening at service time either, if you don’t insist that they do the updates. If you’re happy with your car’s electronic performance , and aren’t interested in new features (eg some voice commands for navigation), then why pursue the updates? If you have issues or want the latest features, you’ll have to be proactive.
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(

J77

Post by J77 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Customers should be entitled to updates for the warranty period without begging a dealer. Especially as each one cocks something else up.

Anyway, anyone heard about update 5? According to some rumours it’s due next month and supposed to be the best yet.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

makse

Post by makse » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:34 pm

I was told by my dealer that Phase 5 is due out this month in readiness for the new reg (UK) but we all know how dates can change
R-Dynamic SE D240 in Corris Grey with Light Oyster leather/Ebony suede cloth, sliding pano, 21" Satin Grey wheels, air suspension, deployable steps, and a few other options :)

J77

Post by J77 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Will find out, mines booked in next month to get a few bits and pieces looked at, including issues that the last update caused.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

Barachus

Post by Barachus » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:53 pm

I thought the last update enabled OTA updates, So you don’t need these constant dealer visits?
Or does OTA mean something else in LR world?

MITO

Post by MITO » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:10 am

Anyone see an improvement in iPhone USB connectivity with phase 4 and beyond? My phone was working fine with the 17C update, but subsequent phone OS updates seem to have broken it again. Bluetooth works fine, but USB is unstable and I can’t control the music from the touchscreen, only the phone.

zooter1977

Post by zooter1977 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:34 am

Barachus wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:53 pm
I thought the last update enabled OTA updates, So you don’t need these constant dealer visits?
Or does OTA mean something else in LR world?
I think the simple answer is that nobody knows for certain what will happen with the Over The Air updates!!

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”