New Software

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
HolyGhost469
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:39 pm
Location: USA

Re: New Software

Post by HolyGhost469 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:50 pm

So I talked to my service manager here in Dallas, Texas. I was told that we are getting this update next week, and it's version 5. It's the one with Apple Carplay, I was told this fixes every bug that people have been having trouble with.


lawly74
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:29 am
Location: UK

Re: New Software

Post by lawly74 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:34 pm

i've just got off the phone from my LR dealer who has just come out of a meeting and confirmed that Apple car play will be available as an option from factory builds in December 2018. It can be retro installed and they think the cost will be around the £200 mark. I mentioned some people already have had it on recent updates and I was told some customers are being randomly selected to trial the software and it's not part of the new update.
MY19.5 Velar R Dynamic SE D180, FUJI WHITE, contrast black roof, full black leather, black pack, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, adaptive dynamics, tracker, service pack :D


KRG
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:25 pm
Location: USA

Re: New Software

Post by KRG » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:43 pm

HolyGhost469 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:50 pm
So I talked to my service manager here in Dallas, Texas. I was told that we are getting this update next week, and it's version 5. It's the one with Apple Carplay, I was told this fixes every bug that people have been having trouble with.
Which dealer was this, Land Rover of Dallas? I reached out to Park Place Land Rover yesterday but haven't received an answer yet.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse


J77
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: New Software

Post by J77 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:05 pm

lawly74 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:34 pm
i've just got off the phone from my LR dealer who has just come out of a meeting and confirmed that Apple car play will be available as an option from factory builds in December 2018. It can be retro installed and they think the cost will be around the £200 mark. I mentioned some people already have had it on recent updates and I was told some customers are being randomly selected to trial the software and it's not part of the new update.
Being randomly selected to trial software, that’s a new one :roll:

How do we become randomly selected? Sounds iffy to me.

I don’t think I’ll pay for the pleasure to have something that cars a fraction of the Velars cost come with as standard.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White


Daws4137
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: UK

Re: New Software

Post by Daws4137 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Ive got apple car play on my 2017 Ford Kuga St Line and to be honest I never use it. It seems to shut down all other functionality of the Ford system so I’ve switched it off., therefore I won;t be paying extra for it on the Velar .
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....


J77
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: New Software

Post by J77 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:38 pm

Shutting down Land Rovers system is maybe worth paying £200 for :lol:

To be honest though it should be offered as a goodwill gesture to current owners who have had terrible time with their Velars software.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White


KRG
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:25 pm
Location: USA

Re: New Software

Post by KRG » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:53 pm

J77 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:38 pm
To be honest though it should be offered as a goodwill gesture to current owners who have had terrible time with their Velars software.
This.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse


HolyGhost469
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:39 pm
Location: USA

Re: New Software

Post by HolyGhost469 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:39 pm

KRG wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:43 pm
HolyGhost469 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:50 pm
So I talked to my service manager here in Dallas, Texas. I was told that we are getting this update next week, and it's version 5. It's the one with Apple Carplay, I was told this fixes every bug that people have been having trouble with.
Which dealer was this, Land Rover of Dallas? I reached out to Park Place Land Rover yesterday but haven't received an answer yet.
Park Place Land Rover DFW, in Grapevine, next to the airport.


KRG
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:25 pm
Location: USA

Re: New Software

Post by KRG » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:20 pm

HolyGhost469 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:39 pm
KRG wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:43 pm
HolyGhost469 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:50 pm
So I talked to my service manager here in Dallas, Texas. I was told that we are getting this update next week, and it's version 5. It's the one with Apple Carplay, I was told this fixes every bug that people have been having trouble with.
Which dealer was this, Land Rover of Dallas? I reached out to Park Place Land Rover yesterday but haven't received an answer yet.
Park Place Land Rover DFW, in Grapevine, next to the airport.
Oh good, that's my dealer too so hopefully I'll get the same response. Park place has great service. After reading the nightmare stories people seem to have with the UK dealers I'm glad I at least don't have to worry about that. If you have a great service advisor, PM me their name. The guy I always work with recently moved.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse


J77
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: New Software

Post by J77 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Would you be so kind as to take my car in as well :lol:
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White


Post Reply

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”