Range Rover Velar Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Update - LR tech manager and warranty claims department are now in talks with valeo, who are now investigating.

Washed my one yesterday and noticed it has the tiny marks like on Macs photos as well as the cracks in the groove.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Dealer phoned today, LR have made a decision regarding my headlights.

LR tech manager, Valeo and LR warranty claims have agreed that it's a manufacturing fault and both headlights will be replaced under warranty :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

A big thank you to Pentland Land Rover Cupar Service Team, who have had my back over the last few months, even when LRCRC washed their hands of it after the first failed claim.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Trend setting result I think

Nice one.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Get it in to the dealers for a thorough check.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I wonder if we will see a service update on topic for customers reporting the same symptoms?

·
Registered
92 Posts
J77 said:
A big thank you to Pentland Land Rover Cupar Service Team, who have had my back over the last few months, even when LRCRC washed their hands of it after the first failed claim.
My headlights have slight cracks and fortunately I use same dealership and have reported the flaw. Not serious or noticeable enough just now to warrant putting in for repair but have it reported just in case at a later date they try and blame stone chips etc.

Well done on the result. We just need them to sort out phase 5 and Apple CarPlay now. 👍

·
Registered
276 Posts
Let's hope this is a global result. That said they will probably initially fight each case on a case by case basis.

The sums being quoted GBP £ 3,000 per headlight I guess is a full retail price. I wonder what they actually cost to manufacture including development costs etc? Probably £ 250 each. A typical Velar probably has an actual build cost of around £ 20k if using Audi as a benchmark.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Velar back. Two new lights for Christmas.

They had problems with one light as the main beam didn't work, replacement arrived this morning and car ready for 10:30 this morning.

Dealer says it costs them £1700 for each light unit. Customer £2495 + VAT

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had similar both headlights cracked randomly this Saturday without hitting anything. Took it down to lookers landrover Battersea today, pictures are taken and now booked in for inspection and hopefully it's covered by warranty. Cost of purchasing both headlights is £5k+ Which is an unexpected hit in my pocket especially during this corona virus situation.

My velar still lovely to drive and still enjoying every bit of the car.

Range Rover velar Rdynamic D300 Santorini black with black pack.

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
That looks very bad Aklaw !

As not everyone adds the model year to their signature it's hard to tell if this is isolated to MY18 or if any MY19/20 Velar's have seen this issue. I assume the new cars in the showroom that were looked at back in 2018 were also 18MY? Also does this affect Matrix LED lights or just the LED or Premium LED headlights?

Checked mine (Matrix LED) and as far as I can tell they are crack free at the moment.

·
Registered
2021 Range Rover Evoque P200
1 Posts
Hi guys
Issue continues with 2021 range rover evoque p200.
Vehicle Grille Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Eye Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Automotive lighting Grille

41 - 55 of 55 Posts